Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Head Barossa Valley/Stonewell ‘The Blonde’ Shiraz Viognier 2009



Start the new year off on a good note I say. Head Barossa Valley/Stonewell ‘The Blonde’ Shiraz Viognier 2009. Loving all things Rhône, Alex Head brings together Côte-Rôtie staples shiraz and viognier and creates a gorgeous wine from a place where I didn’t think had the elegance to pull off this style. So with that I bought a dozenand hopefully get an allocation of another of his sexy wines, The Brunette. An almost ox blood colour in the glass, my tasting notes on the nose were a bit eligible so I am just going to go with sexy! As like the nose, sexy in the mouth with plenty of apricots, licorice and a touch of dried sage with xmas pud and prunes coming through after a couple of days - very much reminding me of the Shobbrook Nebbiolo. Other than that just a ripper wine, and that’s it really.

Drink with ox tail ravioli
Drink till 2021
97
Screwcap 14.5%v/v $30 mailing list http://www.headwines.com.au/


1 comment:

  1. Aaah,my beloved. I'm enjoying your sleepover with Imogen at your mother's tonight with a bottle of this by my side. The boy went down straight away, I'm watching back episodes of The Good Wife and surfing the net. Bliss. The simple things.

    ReplyDelete