Sunday, January 23, 2011

A few Semillons with Ferris


It’s been one of those weekends really; so much planned, so little achieved yet so much to look back on. A few bottles have been opened, a great curry was made and scoffed down, 'Ferris Buellers Day Off' was watched for the 166th time (really, I can almost do it word for word) and the Northcote pool was bursting at the seams. But it was the two Andrew Thomas semillons that stood out (saying that there is still two hours to go and I am still a bit thirsty).

So for this post it will be the Andrew Thomas Hunter Valley Individual Vineyard Braemore 2009 that will get the nod. Pure in clarity , the nose combines even citrus of lemon and lime which is backed up in the glass with piercing acidity but an almost lanolin-come-mascarpone feel about it; funky shit I know.

Either way you look at it, it’s a great wine and a lip smacker for this summer. And before I go, a little gem from my good friend Ferris,



Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people

Drink with shallow fried white bait
Drink till God knows – I never know how long to hold on to semillon
94
Screwcap 11.5%v/v $27 Blackheart and Sparrows Fitzroy North

2 comments:

  1. Lovely wine, I agree. The Braemore is good to go now, though I am hanging on to my 3 remaining bottles till about 2016-2020!!! I think it should age that long (if you like your semillon toasty!).

    Nice food match suggestion as well - making me hungry!

    Cheers

    RB
    http://redtobrownwinereview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. "almost" do it word for word? You DID do it word for blessed word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete