Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Whats The Story?


Once upon a time there was this guy and a vineyard and some grapes. There was also a never-ending story, a story of a lovely lady and something about a love story that went south.

You see, there are all sorts of stories out there; short stories, long stories, good stories and not so good stories. This is a good story; The Story ‘Orphan’ Shiraz 2005 from the Grampians in Western Victoria.

I found this little ditty at Blackhearts and Sparrows on Lygon Street, Brunswick (http://www.blackheartsandsparrows.com.au/), just down the road actually. Now that I am no longer working at The Point, I have to watch what I spend on wine, so when I saw The Story for only $20, I went brilliant – and it was.

Now it’s an odd name I’ll give you that; but hey, when was the last time you drank a label - Penfolds drinkers excluded. The colour is deep red with absolutely no translucency. The nose has a big smack of liquorice all-sorts with a sting of eucalypt in the tail. In the mouth there is another whack of liquorice, but this time just the black kind, with black olive tapenade there also.

So give it a go. Head down to Blackhearts or go online direct to ‘The Story’.

Drink with lamb shanks
Drink till 2013
17/20

No comments:

Post a Comment