Sunday, June 12, 2011

Best wine this year!


Just a brilliant wine and a smashing example of cool climate wine. The Eastern Peake Ballarat Walsh Block Syrah 2008; it’s got it all. Depth of colour, wonderful mix of fruit and black olive tapenade on the nose and seamless balance and weight of acid, tannins and red and black fruit. Like I said, this wine has it all, and drinks perfectly in the cooler months; the feel in the mouth was accentuated by how cold the bottle was.

And one more thing. This is the best wine I have had all year, so it’s no wonder it is one of Jeremy’s, from Seddon Wine Store, favourite wines right now.

Drink with lamb ragu and wet polenta
Drink till 2016
99
Screwcap 13%v/v $42 from Seddon Wine Store in Victoria Street Seddon

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim

    I enjoy reading your posts and I was taken by this one in particular. Central Victoria has great appeal as a cool climate wine region and I'm always on the lookout for something new from there. I was not aware of Eastern Peake but following your review I've ordered a half doz. Winter + slow roasted beef + shiraz = bliss.

    ReplyDelete