Sunday, February 28, 2010

Briagolong Estate Gippsland Chardonnay 1996


A wine that was left on its own too long is sometimes good, sometimes not so good. The Briagolong Estate Gippsland Chardonnay 1996 unfortunately sits in the latter. First purchased at a charity dinner as a six pack back in 2003, the wine was quickly consumed by Erin and me over the following 12 months, but ones slipped by. So, what does a 13 year old chardonnay taste like; custard. That’s all I got. A very golden colour with custard on the nose and custard on the palate. There is a perfectly good reason for this, but to find it I would have to trawl through all my uni wine science notes, but right now I cannot be shagged; something about phenolics breaking down with the acid – sorry!

Drink with something that has a lot of acid
Drink 4 years ago
84
Cork 13.2%v/v $30 – 7 years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment