Saturday, June 1, 2013

Head Moppa/Barossa Valley The Brunette Syrah 2011

I dream weird dreams I do. I woke this morning having just left a dream where I was at the ear of Malcolm Turnball in the caucus room of a coalition party where I was trying to get him to run against the mad monk, with him just saying why run after him when he'll just trip up in time'. See, weird.

And yes, I digress. The Head Moppa/Barossa Valley The Brunette Syrah 2011 is no contender and has no signs of tripping up. A complex nose of earth, spice and savoury olive and blackberry notes precedes a similar palate combination with earth and olive tapanade the highlight of a complex and compelling flavour profile.

Maybe someone should give Malcolm a glass of this too light a spark.

Drink with Chateaubriand
Drink till 2020
96
Screwecap 13.5%v/v $55 Seddon Wine Store

No comments:

Post a Comment