Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Paradigm Hill Mornington Peninsula L' ami Sage Pinot Noir 2008


'Well done is better than well said.Benjamin Franklin

Such a stonkingly good wine!

I could easily sit here in my sunny little home in Brunswick and pontificate about this wine but I shant. The Paradigm Hill Mornington Peninsula L’ami Sage Pinot Noir 2008 is such a good wine. Simple. So here is what I saw.

Great colour with virtually no translucency at all. Tight nose, so I decanted. After about 30 minutes the wine opened up to gorgeous tart red fruits of cranberry and brimming raspberry with brown spice’s the longer in the glass. Super clean acid held in check by the littlest of super fine tannins. Musk, tart red fruits again and just super gorgeous.

The wine I must say is at its peak three days later (I decanted about two glasses back into the bottle to see how it travelled). It is so Burgundy like, with descriptors I can’t give justice to. But I’ll have a stab anyway. Definite 5 spice aroma’s that meld deliciously into mushrooms, blackberry and more spice in the form of cinnamon. Mazel tov George and Ruth!

Drink with Asian style duck
Drink till 2018
98
Screwcap 13.5%v/v $55 Armadale Cellars

2 comments:

  1. Sounds superb. Really enjoyed the 07 so will have to look out for this as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim

    Have you tried their Shiaz/Syrah? I thought it was good, if not better thab the Pinot. I visited the cellardoor on New Years Day and loved all their wines. The Mihaly family who run the place as ultra friendly as well.

    Cheers
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete