Monday, September 3, 2012

Byrne Ballarat Pinot Noir 2010

The second I laid eyes on this wine I was instantly back in my Grandmothers house where she had a crazy felt like wallpaper in the toilet that I was completely mesmerised with. I'm happy to say this wine did not have any similarities with the humble crapper. But the label....

The Byrne Ballarat Pinot Noir 2010 is a really good wine, with all the hallmarks of a gamey prickly Pinot that I have come to love; plenty of juicy red fruit woven with a gamey pong of sappy whole bunch and bacon fat - thats the funky shit. In the mouth the wine follows the palate with abundent prickly plums without being ripe, and more gamey goodness blended in with fine tannins and bolt acidity. Cracking drop.

Drink with beer braised beef short ribs
Drink till 2016
94
Screwcap 13.5%v/v $30-40 Blackheart & Sparrows, Brunswick

No comments:

Post a Comment